Position Title: Engineering Technologist - Greater Hamilton Area
Employment Type: Permanent
Robinson Consultants Inc. is a growing multi-disciplinary employee-owned engineering firm. In business for over 43 years, we are building on our solid track record of success by maintaining our commitment to “make communities better through teamwork, quality solutions and inspiring the next generation.”
Our core values guide the way we run our business:
Passion: We are inspired to achieve the goals of our clients, colleagues, and company.
Integrity: We embrace honesty, trustworthiness, and thoughtfulness through our actions and behaviours.
Respect: Through listening and understanding we demonstrate the value we hold for our clients, colleagues, and peers.
Care: We put our clients, colleagues, and peers first.
Are you a new graduate or have some experience close to what we’ve described below? We encourage you to apply. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Robinson Consultants is seeking a self-motivated Engineering Technologist - Greater Hamilton Area to join the collaborative and dynamic team in our Hamilton office. As an Engineering Technologist, you will work on a variety of engineering projects that may include roads, sewers, watermains, culverts, stormwater management infrastructure, hydraulic modelling, and construction contract management. This is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate who is motivated to learn new skills and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, technicians, and designers.
What you’ll be doing:
Under the supervision of a licensed professional engineer, the Engineering Technologist will:
- Assist intermediate and senior engineering staff with design tasks such as sewer design, storm modelling, road geometry and road grading
- Assist with the preparation of various documents including proposals, engineering reports, public communications and reports, contract specifications and engineering drawings
- Assist intermediate and senior engineering staff with construction administration tasks such as reviewing submissions, contract changes, design changes
- Coordinate with administrative and technical support staff
- Assist with the preparation of budgets, constructions quantities and engineering costs estimates
- Exercise professional and sound judgement in the execution of responsibilities
You should have:
- 3-year Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology (or related field) or 2-year Diploma in Construction Engineering Technician and eligible to register with OACETT and achieve certification as a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) or Certified Technician (C.Tech.)
- Familiarity with the principles and practices of civil engineering, equipment, processes, practices, and standards used in the design and construction of municipal infrastructure
- Knowledge of design and drafting software (e.g., ArcGIS, MicroStation, AutoCAD)
- Highly developed interpersonal, client service and teamwork skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance
- Previous working experience within an engineering environment (e.g., consulting engineering, heavy civil contractor, public sector engineering department, construction inspection) will be considered an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salaries and reward opportunities
- Company matched RRSP contributions
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision care, disability, and life insurance
- Work from home and work accommodation
- Flexible vacation
- Unique vacation opportunities
- Maternity and Parental leave top-up
- Professional Association Fees
- Active Social Committee and corporate social events
- Employee led committees; Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the RCI Women in Engineering Group.
- Employee-owned firm with potential for future share purchases
- Extensive training and development opportunities, including monthly lunch and learns, formal training courses and conferences and seminars,
- Diverse experience opportunities afforded, and pursuit of projects related to your interests
- Exposure to a variety of work with varied scope, scale, and complexity
- Working with a diverse team with a wide range of experience and expertise
The job entails performing most of the job duties within an office environment. However, occasional field work/site visits do form part of the expected job duties and may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather, navigating safely within construction sites or within sites that have a physically challenging terrain.
Robinson Consultants Inc. is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodations through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.