Position Title: Project Engineer – Land Development
Employment Type: Permanent
Robinson Consultants Inc. is a growing multi-disciplinary employee-owned engineering firm, in business for over 43 years, we are building on our solid track record of success by maintaining our commitment to “make communities better through teamwork, quality solutions and inspiring the next generation.”
Our core values guide the way we run our business:
Passion: We are inspired to achieve the goals of our clients, colleagues, and company.
Integrity: We embrace honesty, trustworthiness, and thoughtfulness through our actions and behaviours.
Respect: Through listening and understanding we demonstrate the value we hold for our clients, colleagues, and peers.
Care: We put our clients, colleagues, and peers first.
Robinson Consultants is seeking a self-motivated Project Engineer to join the collaborative and dynamic Land Development team in our Ottawa office. As a Project Engineer, you will work on a variety of municipal infrastructure engineering projects that may include roads, sewers, watermains, culverts, stormwater management infrastructure, hydrologic and hydraulic stormwater modelling, hydraulic water system modelling and construction contract management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Actively participates on the project engineering team to define the problem, establish the scope of work, prepare budgets and schedules, plan the work, and provide technical direction and oversight.
- Perform technical engineering tasks efficiently and accurately with increasing levels of complexity,
- Provide guidance on technical components of projects from planning through design and technical support during construction
- Provide technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to junior staff.
- Prepare technical proposals.
- Prepare detailed engineering calculations, drawings, specifications, quantities and cost estimates, procurement documents, design packages, proposals, and detailed analysis.
- Prepare detailed technical reports.
- Provide technical engineering services review for projects of basic to moderate level of complexity during construction.
You should have:
- Degree in Civil Engineering (or related field) or 3-year Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology (or related field) or 2-year Diploma in Construction Engineering Technician
- Current Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) or Current Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) or Current Certified Technician (C.Tech.)
- 5 years or more of progressive engineering design experience
- 1 year or more of providing effective mentoring to less experienced engineers, technicians, or designers.
- Superior client and interpersonal skills, combined with strong team and leadership abilities.
- Familiarity with the principles and practices of civil engineering and especially equipment, processes, practices, and standards used in the design and construction of municipal infrastructure)
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance diverse, changing, and conflicting priorities to meet short and long-term project milestones.
- Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment and demonstrated experience with database management, and other relevant design and drafting software (e.g., ArcGIS, MicroStation, AutoCAD)
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (bilingualism in English and French would be considered a strong asset).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work arrangements if your role permits
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave top-up
- Company Bonus Plan
- Potential for future Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Training and development opportunities
- Active Social Committee
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Robinson Consultants Inc. is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodations through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.