Position Title: Project Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent – Municipal Services
Robinson Consultants Inc. is a growing multi-disciplinary employee-owned engineering firm, in business for over 45 years, we are building on our solid track record of success by maintaining our commitment to “make communities better through teamwork, quality solutions and inspiring the next generation.”
Our core values guide the way we run our business:
Passion: We are inspired to achieve the goals of our clients, colleagues, and company.
Integrity: We embrace honesty, trustworthiness, and thoughtfulness through our actions and behaviours.
Respect: Through listening and understanding we demonstrate the value we hold for our clients, colleagues, and peers.
Care: We put our clients, colleagues, and peers first.
Robinson Consultants is seeking a self-motivated Project Engineer to join the collaborative and dynamic team in our Ottawa office. As a Project Engineer, you will work on a variety of municipal infrastructure engineering projects that may include roads, sewers, watermains, culverts, stormwater management infrastructure, hydrologic and hydraulic stormwater modelling, hydraulic water system modelling and construction contract management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Actively participates on the project engineering team to define the problem, establish the scope of work, prepare budgets and schedules, plan the work, and provide technical direction and oversight.
- Perform technical engineering tasks efficiently and accurately with increasing levels of complexity.
- Provide guidance or technical components of projects from planning through design and technical support during construction.
- Provide technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to junior staff.
- Prepare detailed engineering calculations, drawings, specifications, quantities and cost estimates, procurement documents, design packages, proposals, and detailed analysis.
- Prepare detailed project reports and technical proposals.
- Provide input and technical guidance to designers, technicians and engineers working projects.
You should have:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in either Civil or Environmental Engineering and a currently a licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)
- 5 years or more of progressive engineering design experience
- 1 year or more of providing effective mentoring to less experienced engineers, technicians, or designers.
- Superior client and interpersonal skills, combined with strong team and leadership abilities.
- Familiarity with the principles and practices of civil engineering and especially equipment, processes, practices, and standards used in the design and construction of municipal infrastructure)
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance diverse, changing, and conflicting priorities to meet short and long-term project milestones.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (bilingualism considered a strong asset).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salaries and reward opportunities
- Company matched RRSP contributions
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision care, disability, and life insurance
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible vacation
- Unique vacation opportunities
- Maternity and Parental leave top-up
- Paid Professional Association Fees
- Active Social Committee and corporate social events
- Employee led committees; Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the RCI Women in Engineering Group.
- Employee-owned firm with potential for future share purchases
- Extensive training and development opportunities, including monthly lunch and learns, formal training courses and conferences and seminars,
- Diverse experience opportunities afforded, and pursuit of projects related to your interests.
- Exposure to a variety of work with varied scope, scale, and complexity
- Working with a diverse team with a wide range of experience and expertise
The forgoing description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
The job entails performing most of the job duties within an office environment. However, occasional field work/site visits do form part of the expected job duties and may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather, navigating safely within construction sites or within sites that have a physically challenging terrain.
Robinson Consultants Inc. is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodations through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.