Position Title: Senior Project Engineer – Water Resources – Ottawa
Employment Type: Permanent
Robinson Consultants Inc. is a growing multi-disciplinary employee-owned engineering firm. In business for over 43 years, we are building on our solid track record of success by maintaining our commitment to “make communities better through teamwork, quality solutions and inspiring the next generation.”
Our core values guide the way we run our business:
Passion: We are inspired to achieve the goals of our clients, colleagues, and company.
Integrity: We embrace honesty, trustworthiness, and thoughtfulness through our actions and behaviours.
Respect: Through listening and understanding we demonstrate the value we hold for our clients, colleagues, and peers.
Care: We put our clients, colleagues, and peers first.
Robinson Consultants is seeking a self-motivated Senior Project Engineer – Water Resources to join the collaborative and dynamic team in our Ottawa office. This position is responsible for working on a wide range of water resources design projects, and multi-disciplinary assignments for both private and public sector clients including, culvert design, surface drainage design, hydrologic and hydraulic modelling, stormwater management, private development servicing, low impact development measures, municipal drains and natural watercourse restoration and rehabilitation design. As a member of the Water Resources team, the duties will include, but are not limited to:
What you’ll be doing:
- Work independently and lead the project as part of a team to define the problem, establish the scope of work, prepare budgets and schedules, plan the work, and provide technical direction, oversight, rationale, and solutions.
- Overall project management of multiple projects during planning, design and contract administration phases including financial performance.
- Manage or assist in the preparation of proposals.
- Provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to junior and intermediate staff.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Robinson’s Hamilton and Kingston Offices, subconsultants, and other engineering disciplines.
- Liaise and build effective working relationships with clients, stakeholders and subconsultants.
- Play an active role in the growth of Robinson’s water resources sector in the Ottawa Area.
You should have:
- Degree in Civil Engineering (or related field) or 3-year Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology (or related field) or 2-year Diploma in Construction Engineering Technician
- Current Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) or Current Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) or Current Certified Technician (C.Tech.)
- 10 years or more of progressive engineering design experience including culvert design, surface drainage design, hydrologic and hydraulic modelling, low impact development measures, and natural watercourse restoration and rehabilitation design.
- Superior client and interpersonal skills, combined with strong team and leadership abilities.
- Highly proficient with the principles and practices of water resources engineering including current processes, practices, and standards.
- Demonstrated experience with business development.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salaries and reward opportunities
- Company matched RRSP contributions
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision care, disability, and life insurance
- Work from home and work accommodation policy
- Flexible vacation
- Unique vacation opportunities
- Maternity and Parental leave top-up
- Professional Association Fees
- Active Social Committee and corporate social events
- Employee led committees; Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the RCI Women in Engineering Group.
- Employee-owned firm with potential for future share purchases
- Extensive training and development opportunities, including monthly lunch and learns, formal training courses and conferences and seminars,
- Diverse experience opportunities afforded, and pursuit of projects related to your interests
- Exposure to a variety of work with varied scope, scale, and complexity
- Working with a diverse team with a wide range of experience and expertise
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Robinson Consultants Inc. is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodations through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.