Position Title: Construction Site Inspector – Ottawa
Employment Type: Permanent
Robinson Consultants Inc. is a growing multi-disciplinary employee-owned engineering firm. In business for over 45 years, we are building on our solid track record of success by maintaining our commitment to “make communities better through teamwork, quality solutions and inspiring the next generation.”
Our core values guide the way we run our business:
Passion: We are inspired to achieve the goals of our clients, colleagues, and company.
Integrity: We embrace honesty, trustworthiness, and thoughtfulness through our actions and behaviours.
Respect: Through listening and understanding we demonstrate the value we hold for our clients, colleagues, and peers.
Care: We put our clients, colleagues, and peers first.
Robinson Consultants is seeking a self-motivated Construction Site Inspector to join the collaborative and dynamic team in our Ottawa office. This position will work on a variety of municipal infrastructure engineering projects that may include site inspection and construction contract management of roads, sewers, watermains, culverts, stormwater management facilities, and trenchless rehabilitation. As a member of the Construction Services team, the duties will include, but are not limited to:
What you’ll be doing:
- Actively participate on the project engineering team to complete inspections and assist with contract administration duties on municipal infrastructure construction projects.
- Provide on-site construction inspection and quality assurance inspections services for municipal, transportation, land development, structural, water resources and trenchless rehabilitation projects to ensure compliance with contract documents.
- Provide ongoing communications with the contractor, the contract administrator, the owner and other relevant stakeholders regarding construction progress, deficiencies, complaints, and other daily activities.
- Interpret requirements and details of contract drawings and specifications.
- Monitor and record contract work including preparing daily diaries and processing project progress claims and change orders.
- Obtain and record field information of construction details for the development of as-built drawings
You should have:
- 3-year Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology (or related field) or 2-year Diploma in Construction Engineering Technician.
- OACETT designation as a Road Construction Senior Inspector (rcsi) or Road Construction Junior Inspector (rcii) is considered an asset.
- Superior client and interpersonal skills, combined with strong teamwork abilities. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment and demonstrated experience with Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Knowledge of sewer, watermain, and road construction materials, methods, and processes.
- Ability to work flexible schedules and extended hours, and travel to site locations with the Ottawa region.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle with valid registration and insurance
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salaries and reward opportunities
- Company matched RRSP contributions
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision care, disability, and life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Ability to bank overtime
- Unique vacation opportunities
- Maternity and Parental leave top-up
- Professional Association Fees
- Active Social Committee and corporate social events
- Employee led committees; Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the RCI Women in Engineering Group.
- Employee-owned growing firm with potential for future share purchases
- Extensive training and development opportunities, including monthly lunch and learns, formal training courses and conferences and seminars,
- Diverse experience opportunities afforded, and pursuit of projects related to your interests
- Exposure to a variety of work with varied scope, scale, and complexity
- Working with a diverse team with a wide range of experience and expertise
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
The forgoing description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Robinson Consultants Inc. is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodations through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.